Intellectual Property License Agreement
THIS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LICENSE AGREEMENT (this “Agreement”) is by and between
181 Waterman Street
Marietta, GA 30060, USA and Your name and address
TenStep, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “we,” “us” or “our”) will license the TenStep® Project Management Process
or the LifecycleStep Project Lifecycle Process (the “Process”) and any other related products specified below (collectively, the “Content”) to Individualname (hereinafter referred to as “you” and “your”) in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
License and Fees
1. This license is for individuals that manage projects. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, we hereby grant to you a limited use, non-exclusive, non-transferable licenses to utilize the Content as your project management methodology as set forth herein.
2. You may utilize the Content on any project that you manage at your company. You also have the right to coach and mentor project team members in the Content. However, the Content cannot be further adopted by the company or organization where you are working, without an approved company license being signed and the appropriate license fee being paid.
3. In consideration of the licenses of the Content, you will pay us a license fee (the "Initial Fee”). For the Initial Fee, we grant to you a one-year license, subject to termination, to access and utilize our content.
a) Each set of passwords issued to you by us for access to the Premium Content will cover a period of one year from the issue date. After the applicable one-year period, your passwords to access the Premium Content will expire.
b) A renewal invoice will be sent to you prior to the time your passwords expire in the then current term.
c) After the second year, license renewal prices are subject to change without notice to reflect the increased value provided. However, in no case shall the renewal fee increase by more than 10% over the prior year’s renewal fee.
d) If you elect to pay the renewal fee, your license to the Premium Content will renew for an additional one year period upon our receipt of the renewal fee. We will issue a new set of passwords for each renewal period.
e) If you elect not to pay the any renewal fee, your license will expire.
5. This Agreement is between “you” and “us”. No other individuals or companies are covered, and no one else has the licensed right to use the Content unless added under a separate agreement. You agree not to share the Content with other individuals who are not a party to this Agreement, except as allowed under this Agreement. You agree to use reasonable precautions to protect all usernames and passwords from unauthorized users.
6. This license does not give you the right to sublicense, publish, display, give, export or distribute, sell, or resell the Content or use the Content for any other purpose, or any process based on the Content, to any third-party company or individual without our prior written consent. This license does not include the right to offer Content training for profit, or in an academic environment.
Trademarks and Copyrights
7. The Content, website, and all associated material remain our property. The Content name and logo are trademarked to us, and all of the Content is under copyright protection. This does not preclude you from adding new and original content to the Content for your use. You will own the intellectual property rights to any original content that you add to supplement our material.
Warranties Disclaimed and Limitation of Liability
8. The value that you receive from the Content is based on your implementation and use. You assume all risk as to the use of the Content. There can be no refunds of license fees after they are paid. There is no stated follow-up support provided with this Agreement. THE CONTENT IS LICENSED “AS IS” WITH NO EXPLICIT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR INABILITY TO USE THE CONTENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL OUR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS TO YOU OR THIRD PARTY EXCEED THE LAST FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE CONTENT.
Effective Date and Termination
10. This Agreement is effective after we receive the Initial Fee and the online license agreement from you. The passwords for accessing Premium Content are effective on the day we send them to you. You may terminate this Agreement at any time. We may terminate this Agreement if you breach any term of this Agreement and fail to cure that breach within 10 days after receipt of written notice from us. Upon termination, you agree to destroy all copies of the Content in your possession and provide written notice of such destruction.
11. This Agreement shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia in the United States.
12. If any provision in this Agreement is determined by a competent authority to be unenforceable, all other provisions of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. If any of these circumstances occur, then the parties agree to endeavor in good faith to negotiate such amendment or amendments to this Agreement as will restore the relative desired benefits and obligations of the parties under this Agreement immediately prior to such holding, modification or condition.
13. The headings of each paragraph of this Agreement are inserted solely for the reader’s convenience, and are not to be construed as part of the Agreement.
14. We may assign this Agreement to our successors and assigns. You may not assign this agreement to any third party company or individual.
15. All notices under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be delivered to the address provided above and the address you submit on the online license agreement, and shall be deemed effective (i) immediately upon personal delivery; (ii) the day after delivery to a reputable overnight courier; or (iii) three (3) days after mailing by certified mail (return receipt requested) with all postage and charges prepaid.
16. This Agreement constitutes the complete agreement of the parties with respect to the licenses granted hereunder. This Agreement supersedes all prior proposals and understandings, whether oral or written, with respect to such subject matter, and may be modified only be a writing signed by both parties. Either party’s waiver of, or failure to exercise, any right provided for in this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of any further or future right or provision under this Agreement.
TenStep Individual License Agreement
This license is for individuals that manage projects within their company.
This license is only good for the projects that the licensed individual is managing - it is not valid on other projects within the individual's company.